What is the difference between the 2018 & the 2019 model?
Firstly, the 2019 Vanquish wetsuit has been carefully redesigned with specific Men’s & Women’s body contouring to ensure a superior fit for the dedicated triathlete or open water swimmer. Our careful use of Aerodome Neoprene ensures buoyancy where it’s needed the most around the men’s hips and the Women’s core.
Additional new features on the 2019 Vanquish include the ultra-thin 0.3mm Yamamoto BRS SCS material on the arm sleeves. This is the world’s thinnest SCS neoprene and reduces the weight and buoyancy of the arms. This allows a quicker stroke recovery after the catch phase and reduces arm fatigue during the swim, perfect for swims of 1.5km or more.
To conclude, the 2019 Vanquish pioneers where other wetsuits do not in this price point. The new panel construction allows for maximum freedom of movement and buoyancy throughout, we wanted to create a wetsuit that felt as if you weren’t wearing a wetsuit at all and through countless product testing with our elite athletes, we have found what we believe to be the perfect fitting elite level Vanquish wetsuit. The 2019 iteration is really our fastest wetsuit ever.
The New Vanquish
The Vanquish has built the reputation as the fastest and most comfortable wetsuit on the market and has been used and loved by thousands of amateur triathletes and swimmers as well as some of the best athletes in the world. Ironman distance athletes, such as Tim Don, love the suit for its high levels of comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes such as Jake Birtwhistle for its speed and mega-buoyancy.
The largest triathlon magazine in the USA, TriathleteTM, reviewing the new Vanquish and awarding it the ‘BEST IN CLASS’ award, followed by the ‘Best on Test’ award from UK based 220 Triathlon in 2017. Triathlon Plus magazine stated the suit was ‘as close to perfection as you can get with a wetsuit and there really is nothing to fault’. With two of the top awards in the world it’s easy to see why so many athletes have made the switch to the Vanquish to help get their performance to the next level.
In addition, the response from the top coaches who have tested the wetsuit has been overwhelming; with many agreeing that the Vanquish takes performance and comfort to new levels and is incredibly fast.
So much thought, design and testing has gone into our flagship product that it’s hard to know where to start when listing the features. You will find a wealth of information below.
1. Ultra-thin laser bonded neck panel: Comfort is further maximised with our innovative new 1.5mm moulded collar which is so soft and light you’ll be questioning whether you even have your wetsuit on! It allows a tighter fit on the body without feeling any discomfort around the neck. As soon as you try this unique design you may never want to wear any other wetsuit again.
2. Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra-based fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue, as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke, but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coolness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
3. Innovative Silk-Fit inner lining used on the body and legs to make the suit feel extremely comfortable next to the skin and also make putting the suit on easier than ever before.
4. Our trademark Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
5. Downwards YKK zipper making the suit easy to put on and take off.
6. New contemporary neon colours and detailing for improved looks when being worn.
The Vanquish is something we are extremely passionate and excited about. We put everything we know and love into the design and have leveraged physics to make it the fastest wetsuit possible. It makes use of some of the world’s highest performance materials and combines these with a thoroughly researched panel design to ensure maximum flexibility and balanced buoyancy.
If you have the opportunity to try this suit then we hope you like it as much as we do and believe that it can help you reach your goal, whether that be getting ahead of the competition or simply enjoying your swimming more than ever.